Stacia and Goliath

Stacia and Goliath
taken Jan 2010 age 27.5 months

Monday, May 13, 2013

Apraxia Awareness Day tomorrow.

I am excited to be celebrating Apraxia Awareness Day tomorrow My mama has been busy printing out Apraxia Awareness business cards and handing them out along with ribbons for people to wear to show support not only to me but all my friends with Childhood Apraxia of Speech. She has also been busy with preparations for the 2nd Montana and Northern Wyoming Walk for Children with Apaxia of Speech coming up June 8 in Billings.
Why don't you join us or make a donation to the walk secure.apraxia-kids.org/billingswalk For the 2012 walk we had 25 walkers and raised 516.38 and I would like to see us raise even more this year. The money goes to research to help kids like me because they don't know a lot about what even causes apraxia in some cases including mine.
 I can say a lot more words now and have become a regular chatter box making all sorts of sounds. Most of the time Mama lets me talk except when I get too loud. I like to get my big sister, Bridget's sound cards for spelling out and practice saying all the sounds that I can. I still don't like to say d, or t though I did slip the other day and said button in front of both Mama and Abba. I have not said it since which Mama says from what she has learned that is not uncommon for kids like me to be able to say a word when we are paying attention to something else and not be able to say the word when we are asked to later.
Well it's time to get ready for bed as my room is finally picked up. Oh and I had a great time today getting to go to my sister's German class picnic I really liked the curry wurst and spatzee which is an orange flavored cola. I kept asking for more but Mama said I couldn't have as much as I wanted.
Please leave me and my Mama some comments below even just to say hi.
Love,
Stacia with help from her Mama Tammy

1 comment:

  1. thank you for sharing your world, from another mother with apraxia. keep up the good fight!

    ReplyDelete