Stacia and Goliath

Stacia and Goliath
taken Jan 2010 age 27.5 months

Friday, June 14, 2013

Mama gets a tooth pulled -Stacia's reaction

Stacia wasn't sure what to think today. I had a tooth pulled that should have been done over 20 years ago when I had my wisdom teeth removed. Not because it has been infected for that long but because it doesn't have a friend to meet up with so it was basically useless. About a month ago it started bothering me so I went in and had it checked out. It needed to come out but since Stacia's Abba had to work that night and I was under orders to take it easy afterwards including no lifting and no chasing Stacia to keep her out of trouble we had to wait till today which was the first opening they had on a day that I could have help that they had available.

First there was the fact that mama did not drive home that confused Stacia. I do almost all the driving when we are together not because I don't trust my husband-I don't work the 10-12 hour shifts 5-6 days a week that he does so I am more alert to be driving. Plus my 2 years of driving school pick up routes in the van for the Y and additional years of driving for other childcare field trips I am much more comfortable with keeping an eye on children and the road while driving.

Than we got home and Stacia got told that she could not climb all over me and I ended up even sleeping for a while once I took an over the counter pain medication and could rest. My tooth or where it was didn't bother me but my jaw sure was hurting.

Than big sister Bridget was dropped off early this afternoon at one of her Girl Scout Leader's home for a barbecue and backyard campout.  Stacia is very used to having her sister to entertain her and was just lost this afternoon and evening. I am expecting that she is going to be excited tomorrow morning when we bring Bridget home. While Stacia may like to push Bridget down and sit on her at times I firmly believe that Stacia sees Bridget as her protector and best friend. Bridget is very much Stacia's protector and advocate easily navigating the child play areas with other kids in ways that I as an adult can not do. Bridget can more easily navigate the other children because she is one of them.

Tammy






















No comments:

Post a Comment